ANALYSIS OF THE COMBINED USE OF MARBLE DUST POWDER AND RICE HUSK ASH (RHA) AS PARTIAL REPLACEMENT OF CEMENT IN CONCRETE FOR GREEN BUILDING CONSTRUCTION.
Er. Abhishek Arya
Research Scholar’Department of Civil Engineering,Lovely Professional University,Phagwara, Punjab
Dr. RL Sharma
‘Professor’Department of CivilEngineering, LovelyProfessional University,Phagwara, Punjab
Abstract- Today, green concrete’s production and use are mandated in an effort to lessen its harmful impact on the natural world. This research provides the investigation of cement replacement by MDP and RHA at varying concentrations in concrete. Many supplemental cement and pozzolanic materials are introduced and partly employed as a replacement of cement in the concrete. Due to their negative effects on the environment, industries like the tile and rice milling industries now have to find ways to recycle their waste products. Marble has a long history of widespread usage in construction. Dust is produced when marble is cut. Huge amounts of powder are produced. It is estimated that dust accounts for around 25% of the total mass lost from cut marble. Directly releasing this trash into the environment is bad for the ecosystem. Husk is a byproduct of the rice milling process in India. RHA is a byproduct of the burning process that is used to generate steam in rice mills. The husk itself contains around 75% organic content, and the remaining 25% is transformed into ash. The amorphous silica content of RHA is quite high, at about 85% to 90%. The characteristics of concrete may be enhanced by including RHA into the mix. Building using recycled materials such as marble dust and RHA instead of conventional cement is an environmentally friendly option. In this research, measures are taken to increase concrete’s eco-friendliness so that it may be used in “Green Buildings.” The marble dust and RHA used in this lab experiment were sourced from nearby locations and processed there. The lab work was conducted at MRIEM in Rohtak. The impact of the partial replacement on concrete characteristics is investigated by changing the ratio of the two materials. The test results reveal that marble powder &RHA additive is effective, with 10% and combination of both (5%+5%) as replacement ratio of cement. 15% substitution of both materials results in the highest tensile strength. The compressive strength of concrete decreases after reaching 10% MDP and RHA .
KeyWords – Marble Dust powder (MDP), RHA (RHA),Green Concrete, Environmental Issues, Compressive Strength,TensileStrength,Flexuralstrength