DURABILITY PROPERTIES OF CONCRETE CONTAINING NANO SILICA AND SLAG SAND FOR HIGH STRENGTH CONCRETE
- Yeswanth Sai Krishna1, B. Ajitha 2
1M. Tech (Structural Engineering), Department of Civil Engineering, JNTUA College of Engineering, Ananthapuramu, India.
2Assistant Professor, Department of Civil Engineering, JNTUA College of Engineering, Ananthapuramu, India.
Formulated the concrete mix proportions using M60 Grade cement. Calculate the cement’s standard consistency, specific gravity, and fineness, as well as its initial and final setting times. Determine the fine and coarse aggregate properties, including bulk density, sand bulking, fineness modulus, specific gravity, and a sieve analysis of fine aggregate. Learn about concrete’s characteristics by conducting tests like the slump and vee-bee, and figuring out its water-to-cement ratio (W/C). The cubes are cast with the correct W/C ratio, cured in water, acid, and base, and then tested at 28, 30, 90, and 120 days (acid and base Cured Cubes). Once the curing time is up, measure the cubes’ compressive strength using a compressive testing machine. Curing is accomplished with sulfuric acid and sodium hydroxide in this instance. Its weight in water accounts for 5% of its total usage. The percentages of nano silica used to partially replace cement are 5%, 10%, 15%, and 20% respectively.
Keywords: Nano Silica, Slag sand, High Strength